The following written by an unknown author has a "paws up" recommendation from drdeb and the veterinary team of Animal Health Care of Marlboro…
- I will not eat the cats' food before they eat it or after they throw it up.
- I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crab or any other dead thing just because I like the way it smells.
- I will not munch on the "leftovers" in the kitty litter box; although those "tootsie rolls" are tasty, they are not food.
- The diaper pail is not a cookie jar.
- The sofa is not a face towel.
- The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.
- My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
- I will not bite the officer's hand when he or she reaches in for Mom's drivers's license and registration.
- I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he is on the toilet.
- Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is not an acceptable way of saying "hello".
- I do not need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm lying under the coffee table.
- I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house.
- I will not throw up in the car.
- I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt across the carpet.
- I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my "privates' when company is over, just because I can.
- The cat is not a squeaky toy, so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.
Feel free to add your own dog rules and include their names and pix if you wish to give them the credit those marvelous canine companions deserve…because we don't bite.
There are no bad dogs only good dogs gone bad to the bone-
…..And, remember dogs drool, but cat's rule!